Headway Derby’s Outreach Support Workers provide one to one support to clients in their homes, local community and to attend appointments such as with their GP or hospital outpatients. Your Outreach Support Worker can assist with the things that you need to enable you to develop and maintain your independence, confidence and self-esteem, settle back into your home and local community and/or return to paid or voluntary employment.
- Maintaining tenancies by assisting with paperwork, organising payment plans, negotiating with landlords or mortgage providers.
- Form filling for benefits, housing applications, and bus passes etc.
- Accessing the local community including shopping, using the gym, library, using public transport etc.
- Support with household budgeting.
- Support to attend appointments and meetings when relevant, e.g. GP appointments.
- Support to access educational opportunities, such as Adult Learning classes.
- Assistance to find employment either paid or voluntary.
- Liaising and working with others who support you.
For people with a brain injury from Black, Minority and Ethnic Communities, Headway Derby has a dedicated BME Worker who speaks Punjabi.
Our outreach work is led by Rebecca, Emma, Nischa, Patrick and Charli from the Headway Derby team.
If you feel that you need 1-2-1 support and would like to find out more information about this, please email: email@example.com or call us: 01332 347314