As a family you may feel that you been left to cope on your own, no one has explained the changes to your loved one, you have no one who understands, nobody to talk, no real practical help, you may feel completely out of your depth.
Headway Derby recognises that offering support advice and guidance and providing a safe space for family members is very important. Having somewhere to discuss your worries, hopes fears, frustration, challenges and achievements; with people who understand, is of paramount importance.
Our aim is for family members to feel they are also a part of Headway Derby and that your well being is just as important.
We offer families
· Opportunity to have a one – one conversation in person or on the phone
· Come into Headway Derby and meet the team
· Advice and Guidance, Signposting
· We work with other agencies that may also be able to offer support
· The opportunity to speak to other families who have a genuine understanding of how you may be feeling
· Social Events
We encourage families to take part in our planned events like the Family Picnic and BBQ, Afternoon Tea, Summer Fair, activities at the Allotment Garden and not forgetting the Christmas Sing along
We are here to support you as a family, we are here when you feel ready, sometimes that is the next day, and sometimes it is a bit further along your journey, whenever the time is right, we are here to support you.