The allotment garden is situated at Rowditch Allotments and covers five allotment plots in total. The allotment garden introduces a blend of homegrown fruit and vegetables alongside a sensory garden, potting shed, composting corner, recreational area and onsite parking. To complement this, we also grow a range of plants to welcome nature onto the site and ensure our clients have the best time engaging with the environment when they visit.
Ruth is our key volunteer at the allotment garden, coordinating and supporting a team of volunteers and members every week; so the site is always ready for clients to visit.
7 Good Reasons To Spend Time At The Allotment
- Opportunity to safely engage in exercise and physical activity.
- Make new friends and belong to a community of like minded people.
- Established routine with mixed activities throughout the year.
- Learn how to grow your own plants and delicious fruit and vegetables.
- Breath in the freshest of air and take time to enjoy nature and open spaces.
- Develop a knowledge of the seasons and what your garden needs at what time of year.
- Unplug from social media, the TV and the radio and learn to appreciate the sound of bird song again.
This group is run by Ruth, Charli, Joy and Iona from the Headway Derby team.
If you’re interested in learning about the outdoors, passionate about eating healthy fresh produce and want to get involved, please let us know by contacting us email@example.com or call us 01332 347314